Friday, March 08, 2019

Link desert.

So many of the posts in my archives contain links. And frankly, a lot of them are useless. I wish I could see what on earth I was on about. Stuff like "THIS has been making me laugh all day". That's it. That's the sum total of a post, and it's just a dead link. I think, if I'm going to make this a valid reflection of my life, I have to be a little more perspicacious about dropping in links. I can recall when I learned how to do it, and then it unleashed a torrent of the damn things. All pointing this site into a myriad of other directions. I guess what I need now is just one direction: my own.

2 comments:

bdeseattle said...

Makes you miss friendfeed even more! I've also started blogging again on my also neglected blog. ✌️

Iain Baker said...

Yes, I'm missing friendfeed a lot - as the web becomes ever more polarised. FF had that sense of community. And it was....just.....normal. That's why i'm aiming for my blog to be as normal as it can be. A shrug of the shoulders, an apologetic, unabashed look at me, whether that's sometimes boring, or sometimes interesting. I can't help my life, but I can at least reflect it.