Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Quiet morning.

Just sat and read a dozen pages of Murakami, which really calmed me down. I feel much more contemplative, when I've been reading,  no matter what specific subject. And I'm looking out of the office window at a post-storm sky: bright, deep blue, solid and reassuring.
I'm also starting to look forward to my Edinburgh trip on Saturday. I get to fly, ac couple of times, I can stay in a nice hotel, meet friends, and think. I have a bag ready to go, with as little as I can take. A bare minimum of clothes, a book, and a dopp kit I've had sitting in the wardrobe for a while. I'm fascinated by effective dopp kits - keeping things tidy, efficient. I've got little slivers of soaps and deodorant in tins, hair wax in a small container, tiny pots with ear plugs and melatonin. there's a single razor, and shave oil, so as not to take up too much room. the entire thing is a finely honed machine.

No comments: