Friday, March 22, 2019

Just write

Sometimes, that's all I want to do. I'm actually getting better at typing now, so I can try and get everything out there, in real time. Previously, there always felt like there might have been some sort of disconnect. So, now I can let it flow, a little. Which feels good, and it's a little bit of a kick to the pants: a way of stimulating my thoughts, and laying them down on the page.
Today has been....OK, I guess. Some achievement, some forward progress. I'm a terrible procrastinator, so grinding the gears is a good thing.
More work on the new car issue (almost sorted - at least, decisions seem to be being made) and a lot of logistical focus on some upcoming shows. That includes, one in the US. First time for me, since a couple of months before 9/11. Time passes quickly, doesn't it?
And I finished the Murakami. I can't quite recall a time when a book moved me as much, and stayed in my mind. A long, slow, exhale. I'm buying another.


No comments: