Monday, March 04, 2019

A sad day.

Found out that Keith Flint has died. Really sad news- and shocking too: suicide at the age of 49. A sobering day, and a bit of a sucker punch. The Prodigy were hugely important to me, to the band, to a lot of people. For me, though - it was that first album, and the rush I got, listening to those churning breaks, and riffs. I know it was Liam doing all of that, but it was Keith expressing it, on stage. I saw them play the Camden Palace, back in '92, and Keith just made it all make sense, to me. He got to live out the dream, to live through the music. That's all I'd ever wanted, being in a band. I didn't care they weren't my songs, I just wanted to have the music to play in the background, while I could look out across a sea of faces. That's what Keith did, and he did it better than anyone. I was in awe of him, if I'm honest.
Living the dream, and living it right, is sometimes better than actually dreaming it, in the first place.

No comments: