Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Hurrah!

One of the advantages of Google+ vanishing into the ether, is that  - here on this little blog - I'm reverting to a Blogger profile. There's something rather comforting about that, I must admit,
I'm sitting in bed, at the moment, musing on the indicative votes for the Brexit process (huge, huge sigh) and wondering whether to read a little more of the Murakami.
I've also been thinking, in a scattershot way, about lots of things from my past. Oddly, about when I sued to smoke. Coming back from Manchester, in a white 205 GT, doing 90mph down the M6. Stopping at the services, for snacks, and to sit in the hot sun. A full ashtray in the car. Rather shamefully, probably throwing the odd butt out of the window.
How did I do all of this? How did I not notice how bad the car smelled? Or how my clothes stank? All of my mistakes (for that's how they seem to me now) are a part of me, but it's strange trying to reconcile them with how I am now.


No comments: