Thursday, March 14, 2019

Dopp Kit

Well, seeing as I mentioned it in the last post - here's the Dopp Kit, all ready to go at the weekend.
I do see a lot of posts on all those "lifestyle and travel blogs", where people blog about their perfect travel experiences, and everything seems so shiny, and new. My Dopp kit is slightly more real, I guess.
It's a L'Occitane washbag (a bit tatty now). Bought in Portland, on a family holiday, back in 2015. Transparent, so good for TSA/Security, etc. There's an eye mask (from my last Air Canada flight, home from Calgary) and a spare cloth for cleaning my glasses. A travel toothbrush, and toothpaste. I'd like to use bamboo toothbrushes in the future (as I do at home) but that brush hasn't worn out, as yet. When it does, I'll replace it for something more sustainable. Tins have deodorant (Body Shop Aromoco) and solid shampoo and conditioner. I break fragments off larger blocks, for short journeys. The silver tin at the front has some BLack & White hair wax (lasts forever) and the small atomiser contains my Cologne. Somehwat pretentiously, but also rather sustainably - it's a discontinued fragrance, I have to get from eBay - Crabtree & Evelyn Cologne. The pot of vitamins is actually Centrum Mens 50+ (oh, the glamour - but they work, for me). there's only a few in there, which means there's room for some Melatonin, and a couple of sets of earplugs. Plus, the mini cologne bottle sits in there too, nice and safe.
So, overall, I'm happy with it. It's beaten up, it's not flashy, and it doesn't show that well, but it just WORKS, and that's the main thing, for me.

No comments: