Monday, November 29, 2021

Bitterly cold, a little stasis.

 

But that's fine, for this time of year, isn't it? This song has been in my ears all day - partly thanks to my good friend Nick. We've had a long-running discord chat going, ever since the beginning of the pandemic. Initially, it was done just to keep in touch; remember that feeling we all had, when COVID hit, like we'd lose everything, and everyone we knew, and we all needed contact? Well, it was that, for a while, but it's grown into a rambling fulmination on life and music. Nada Surf arrived in the chat, and that led me to this. Life is like Pinball sometimes - and you know my predilection for that, don't you?

Stasis today - partly the result of a long Wanyudo CC ride yesterday. 900 metres of elevation, in about 30k, and it was punchy - time-wise. I was going to head up Sa Calobra today, but I'll leave it until tomorrow. For now, I'll sit with Milo while he plays Plants Vs. Zombies, and think about cooking evening meals for everyone.

No comments: