Tuesday, November 16, 2021

The tweaking strikes back.


 New saddle, on the trainer. It's a Selle San Marco "Mantra". I've got one of these on my TCR, but that's the weight weenie build, so it's the Superleggera: fantastic build, and only 107 grams (!), but it has an RRP of £360, or something daft. This one here, is the basic model, as weight matters little, on a bike that only ever reaches an altitude of zero metres above the carpet. It was a happy accident, falling for this particular saddle, I'm sure I only got the one for the TCR to complete that WW build, and drop as much weight as possible. I got a good deal, and wasn't too worried about comfort, I figured I'd try and get along with it. Lo and behold though, it turned out to be absolutely incredible - versatile, comfortable, and the sort of saddle that rewarded your effort, no matter your position. I initially thought that because of that hyper-aggressive stance, with the rolled-out sides, and the long nose, it would just be for long sessions in the drops, but again - no!

It's made a noticeable difference, it's hugely comfortable, and it was about 50 quid. That's a result. 

And - I've been on it, today! This means the worst of the head cold is over, at last. That was three days of torture and fogginess. I feel substantially weaker, too - I'll need to up my training game, over the next month. 

No comments: