Tuesday, November 23, 2021

A widescreen day


 That's how it felt, to be out on a bike today, in the Surrey Hills, on a crisp November morning. Leaves turning a thousand different colours, the sun fighting through the clouds, a gentle breeze, and a crispness in the air that left your face tingling. Above is a slightly wider shot to the one I posted on my Facebook feed. You can see across the road, from where I'm perched atop my Trek Domane, lord of all I survey.

So, that's Box Hill, and after this shot, I turned around, and headed back down, from whence I came. Then, over the main road, past Westhumble Station, and off to Ranmore Common Road (see my post below!) and then up Chapel Lane (Bagden Hill) That's a proper climb - short, and very sharp. Perfect. 

After the briefest of turnarounds, we decided to pop into town, for lunch. Pizza Express - which means I can check out their new Vegan menu- the Jackfruit Pepperoni was absolutely wonderful, and was washed down with an Acqua Panna; the most fantastic mineral water in the world. Life's good, today.



No comments: