Thursday, December 02, 2021

Ho Ho Ho


 It actually felt a bit Christmassy today, waking up to a dusting of snow. Plus, the preparations have started, the advent calendars are being opened, etc. It'll all ramp up, from here on in. 

My week on the trainer has continued apace, with a LOT of hills. Since Sunday, I've done 2300 metres of elevation. I've decided not to focus so much on distance - just want to get climbing. That's an area where the smart trainer excels. Doing more than an hour or so is a bit of a chore, so it makes sense for that hour to be as intense as possible. It has made me rethink a lot of things - chiefly, how small a lot of the hills I ride in the real world actually are. In the past few days, I've done climbs which are - say - ten kilometres long, climbing all that way, at an average of seven, to eight per cent. That's akin to doing something like Box Hill, except it doesn't stop at the top, it keeps going, for another three or four times.

I'm hoping it gives me some increased stamina, come the start of next season!



No comments: