Friday, December 31, 2021

A look back at the year


 Well, that was....interesting, wasn't it? Another year of uncertainty, and drift. Stress levels off the charts, at points. It was one of those years that - while I wouldn't say "forget it" - I'd certainly just use it as a mere building block, for better things. Perhaps the best thing for me has been the advent of my training: properly organising my fitness levels, and structuring a way to maintain, and improve that fitness. It's kept me focused, and energised. It's given me a reason to get out there and cycle around this beautiful county. It's given me a way to sit on an indoor bike when the elements are fighting me just a little too hard.

And - the year has been marked by the return of my blog, for which I'm also very thankful. The page has been an anchor, at certain points over the last couple of decades, I'd like that to continue. 

It's been a year of some wonderful music, as well. There have been some years that have struggled to make an impact, musically: these have periodically popped up, since around the mid-2000s. But last year was another vintage crop.  I'll have a go at embedding a Spotify playlist in a blogger gadget, perhaps *sigh*

But I'd better head off - it's time to head up another hill - the last of the year. Take care, stay safe, I'll see you all on the other side x



No comments: