Sunday, January 02, 2022

Another Year


 And I'm back out again. That's me at the top of Box Hill. A suitably storied location, for the dawning of another year. I've not been out on the road, for some time now. There was a sustained period of absolutely foul weather, then my illness. Was it Covid? I don't think I'll ever know, but I do have to ay, it looks like it could well have been. Ah well, I had a week of feeling particularly miserable, then at least I could get back on the bike. The indoor trainer has been a godsend, but there's no real substitute for getting onto the tarmac, and traversing the Surrey lanes I love so much. If the weather relents, over the next week, perhaps I'll get out to Ranmore. For now, Box Hill will most certainly do.

As I type this, like so many others, I'm reflecting on what has been, and what's coming. These last two years have increased the uncertainty to an almost unbelievable degree, but there's one thing that I'm completely certain of: tomorrow is another day. It always is. I'll see you all in that tomorrow. 

No comments: