Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Col D'Aspin

 

Well, that's what it looks like IRL, of course - and I was on the trainer, the whole time - but, even so; what a wonderful way to while away an hour. 

Or, a bit less. I actually hammered up there in about 43 minutes, took two and a half minutes of my previous time, and spent 40% of my time in Zone 5. I'm not sure how I didn't actually explode.

Today - a good day though. After dropping Milo off at school, we headed over to Wisley, to buy Xmas gifts, and a wreath for the front door. After that, some chores (old clothes to the charity shop) and a visit to Ashtead Garden Centre for a light lunch. Despite the appalling weather (storm Barra) it's been a good 'un. And I'm fully intending to wrap the day up by reading some more of "London Belongs To Me", which I've become obsessed with. What an incredible book! I do love reading - it's difficult to find books that replace the ease of just nibbling about on the 'net, but when I find one, I tend to hold onto it, as tight as possible. The same thing happened with Murakami. 

No comments: