Friday, January 06, 2023

All sparks burn out

And that's what's happening to me.

I'm not sure why, but I'm burning out. Like I can't carry the weight of responsibility. Like I need to sleep. I'll be fine in a few days, don't worry - but I just feel very empty right now. I don't think the funeral helped much: the emotional toll is vast. 

I was out on a bike ride today, and even though Strava tells me my Relative effort was huge (historic, even), it just felt like I was riding the whole time badly. No energy, no speed, no power. So it's all very odd.  

But, if there's a silver lining, it's that cycling has taught me to respect my body, to listen to the internal voice and respect the signs it's sending out. It's shouting at me - "relax, take some time to get back to yourself."

So that's what I'm going to have to do. 


No comments: