Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Getting traditional.


 I've no idea how it happened, but I've suddenly felt the need to eat Marmalade for Breakfast. I guess it could be a hankering for stability, nostalgia and comfort, but it's still odd, seeing as I've never really eaten the stuff before. Got to say, though, I love it. that tightrope between bitter and sweet, the refreshing zing of citrus, the perfect wakeup routine. 

And breakfast is all about routine for me. I like to start the day in order, in a calm and steady state. I need to feel predictable, planted and prepared. Marmalade seems to give a roadmap for the day ahead. 

However, it's a roadmap which doesn't include anything outdoors, for now. the bike is still in the shed, and the trainer is still taking the strain. The Ice is subsiding, but it's cold, and miserable out there. Spring may well arrive soon, but it's not here yet. 



No comments: