Sunday, January 08, 2023

Rehabilitation continues.


 I have to admit, I don't feel quite as down as I did a couple of days ago. Thank goodness for that: it was seriously messing with my mind. Cycling may have taught me to listen to my body, but it's also taught me to listen to my mind, as so much of the battle is not physical but psychological. Consequently, whenever anything is awry, my radar just starts pinging like crazy.

And it meant I could train again with a sense of purpose and direction. As you can see from my Xert profile wheel above, my overall range of abilities is being extended relatively evenly now. I aim to boost my performance in as many disciplines as possible - except for Power Sprinter because I'm hopeless at sprinting. Plus, the effort required to boost my sprinting would require immense amounts of application for only marginal gains.

Today, I rode the Sella Ronda, which was just spectacular. Just check out the views!



No comments: