Sunday, January 01, 2023

Back to it.

 It's the start of a new year, so it's a good time to be back blogging. Especially so after a rollercoaster year in social media. I didn't tweet much anyway (on my personal account), but since the Musk takeover of Twitter, the site has become quite toxic. Not only that, it just feels...disappointing. Twitter was a place with so much potential and so much value. Little by little, you can feel all of that draining away, to be replaced with conspiracism, misinformation and bile. Ugh.

So - could blogging make a spirited return? I'm not sure, but I'd like to think there's a remote possibility. If a community has been cast adrift by the slow death of Twitter, then that community will be actively searching for a home. Again, I'm curious to see if Blogs can



Represent that home (after all, they are a remnant of the past), but let's be hopeful. It is the beginning of another year, after all. 

It's been a crappy '22, if I'm honest: fragmented, full of lost hopes. It's been another year of riding my bike, though: that's been a constant. 

As I look towards a new year, I'm going to vow to do some things: write more, blog more, ride more, care more, and love more. Keep my eyes and my heart open. Be aware of the power and beauty of the lifeline surrounding and enriching me. Here's to you, 2023. Don't let me down. 

No comments: