Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So, how was your Bank Holiday weekend?

I was at Reading Festival on Saturday, then back in Brighton over the last couple of days, with the family....
Reading was great, the sunshine definitely makes a difference: the vibe was so much better than last year. For proof of that, you don't really need to look any further than Panic! at The Disco; last year they get bottled, this year the crowd just loved 'em. They were also responsible for my moment of the festival, this cover of "The Weight" by The Band.....

(FYI, I'm just to the right of the sound desk, waving a large glass of Jack & Coke, can you see me? No? Oh well.....)
Other good stuff: Lethal Bizzle (the whole NME tent joining in for "Pow") and Dinosaur Jr, who did their version of "Just Like Heaven" with so much power it nearly took the top of my head off.
Spent a great deal of the day hanging out with Shiny Toy Guns, which was messy, but fun. they absolutely rocked the Carling stage as well :) The size of the backstage area, a sort of village for all of the bands, is SO much bigger than it used to be: it was absolutely vast....whereas in the past it was restricted to the area behind the main stage, it now snaked round the corner so that bands paying the Carling stage could just walk out of their dressing rooms and onto the stage!
Back up to town this morning, there's a playlist meeting for shadowglobe, and I've got to work out what's the next tune to put up on the mp3 blog. My apologies for the lack of posts over the last few days, there'll be more later today :)

1 comment:

Tim said...

I saw Panic! play at the Hammersmith Apollo on Wednesday - I agree, their cover of The Weight was great (so good in face that I iTunes'd the original!). Also loved the couple of new tracks they played - an interesting progression that sound a bit Ben Folds-like…

You lucky bugger being so close during their set!