Sunday, February 12, 2023

Moonlight thoughts


 I love that shot - the moonlight pouring in through the patio window. The light really was like that; there were no filters. Around 10.30pm. 

There I was, looking out at this magical landscape, thinking about time again. I've been obsessed with the idea that time is cyclical (something I know I've referenced before in this blog), but a recent dip into a book about Zen has refined my thinking process. I've narrowed it down to the tension between duality and unity. The thought that the duality of our location in a simultaneous past and future can be anchored by the unity of a grounding in the present. The power of that sudden explosion of perfect stasis, an acceptance of one's current position. 

All of that whilst looking at moonlight on a rug. I love how (without being too tautological) that moment can be truly momentary, yet that's its greatest impact. 


No comments: