Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The band rears its head once more.

First Jesus Jones gig of the year is now 5 days away. There are still two rehearsals to go, a lot of sample tweaking, and some logistical niggles to get sorted (OK - how do I get hold of all the merch I need in time?)
However, it's great to be doing it again. Having Gen back on the drumstool has mad a huge difference - it feels like the heartbeat is back. Gen plays sharp, tight, and with a lot of power - but there's a groove, and a shuffle to songs like "IBYT" which just makes the song what it should be. I was driving home after the last rehearsal thinking how lucky I am to have found this other family, which has defined so much of my life, taken me around the world, and opened my eyes. We're closer now than we've ever been, and that makes me very happy.

No comments: