Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back in the saddle...

In more ways than one, I suppose. One of the best things about living out in the 'burbs are the green spaces. I've never really found urban cycling much fun - I much prefer to be out and about in places like Ashtead Common. Don't get me wrong, I've not sudden;y changed into some sort of lycra-clad bike nazi, yelling "Let's off road!" and covering myself in mud: I just like open countryside. It's a legacy of being brought up in deepest Wiltshire, I presume.
I've been experimenting with the Strava app over the last couple of days - and it seems to be fantastic - mapping out my rides, and comparing segment times with other cyclists who ride the same trails. Help, I appear to be just a tiny bit competitive. Not too much mind you, it's too much effort. I just want to beat my own times, that'll do me just nicely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't let Mike know you are using Strava, he'll travel to beat your times ;)