Here's the questionnaire i did for Xfm Online, shortly before resigning. It's a nice little snapshot of my personal taste, but you can also read between the lines and see where my head was at....I wasn't a happy bunny, that's for sure!
Questions, Questions, Questions...
1. Your chief characteristic
My knowledge of music in all its forms.......and a desire to transmit that to others.
2. Your idea of happiness
Knowing you're doing the right thing.
3. Your favourite virtue
Letting people know how much I love them.....
4. Your biggest flaw
5. What was your worst ever job?
Hmmm, it's not about the worst job, it's always about the worst boss.
6. What would your favourite occupation be?
Easy. As long as I’m somewhere that provides an environment which cares about giving people the best new music in the world and the technology to love and interact with that music, then I’m happy.
7. Where would you most like to live?
Buenos Aires or Nishiazabu.
8. Which characters in musical history do you most dislike?
Jim Morrison, Robbie Williams.
9. Which characters in musical history would you like to be?
Moe Berg, Dennis Leigh, Wild Bill Davison, Charlie Parker, Henry Rollins, Lee Perry.
10. Your favourite album ever (yes, I know it’s impossible, but try dammit)
It's one of these, ‘Ha!-ha!-ha!" by Ultravox! , ‘23’ by Sukpatch, ‘Give Blood’ by Brakes, ‘Love Junk’ by The Pursuit Of Happiness or ‘Just Backwards Of Square’ by Lowgold.
11. Who’s your favourite DJ?
Jon Jules, Jared, John Kennedy, Lee Newman and Michael Wells, Colin Dale, Eddy Temple Morris, Jane Gazzo.
12. What was the first single you bought? (and be honest about it)
‘In The City’ The Jam
13. …and you first gig? (ditto)
It's either The Damned or Duran Duran (well, it was a long time ago....)
14. Your favourite qualities in a band/musician
Honesty, passion, belief, the ability to make a guitar feedback perfectly.
15. Your favourite author
Neal Stephenson, James Gleick.
16. Your favourite film director
I hate films.
17. Your favourite hero or heroine in real life.
It used to be Joe Strummer. Now he's gone, I think it's still Joe Strummer.
18. Your favourite hero or heroine in fiction
19. Your favourite food and drink
Food: Deep Fried Crispy Pig's Intestines, Thai noodle soup, really strong cheese, fresh sourdough bread, sausages and mash. Drink: A nice bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, an ice cold bottle of Singha beer, a pint of cooking lager with a top.
20. Your favourite restaurant
Patio in Goldhawk Road, Kambi's in Brighton, Mon Plaisir in Monmouth Street and Quo Vadis on Wardour Street.
21. Your pet aversion
People trying to be funny and failing miserably.
22. What three songs would you have played at your birthday?
‘Complete Control’ The Clash, ‘Give Me Power’ The Stingers, ‘Trip II The Moon’ Acen.
23. What is your present state of mind?
“I'd rather leave this world forever, baby... Than let life go the way it's going"
24….and your motto is?
Never, ever stop listening to your heart. Always leave when things fall apart. Hold your head up high.