Saturday, February 17, 2007

Apologies....

It's been way too long, i've been lazy, I know.
In my defence, it's all been kicking off at Westway towers since the start of this new year; there's loads of things up in the air, lots of possibilities floating around in the ether, i'm just waiting for a little crystallisation.
Sorry to be so vague, but you'll know more soon, I hope.
One of the things that HAS been occupying my time is Middle Age Shred; it's a web-site and forum for old skaters like me: it's great to know there's a like-minded group of people whose legs ache like mine, who crave wider boards and old-school moves....
I've also got myself sorted out with a USB turntable, so i'll do my best to post up some of the tracks i've ripped from vinyl :)
What was the first thing I ripped? "Jack And Jill" by Victims Of Pleasure. It's an old piece of 80's synth-pop featuring Virginia astley on piano......
So, what's happening today? Well, i've re-jigged one of my old set-ups: I've changed the trucks on my Doug Smith "Bomb" from aggro Trackers to indy 159's. I'd like 169's, but there a nightmare to get for a board with old-school mounting patterns...
Whatever, the board'll now ride like a dream, so i'm going to introduce it to the seafront a little later on.......

No comments: