Friday, August 25, 2006

Life goes on....

My sincere apologies for not posting for a while, and also my thanks to those of you who were posting comments to say you're getting impatient for news; well I have some, 'tis not so good. Recent schedule changes at the station have seen me temporarily sidelined- i'm doing weekend stuff at the moment, as well as filling in for daytime vacancies, that sort of thing. Will it be permanent? Who knows? There's no way of knowing just yet. It's nothing to do with my performance, which is rather galling, but on the positive side, it frees me up to look at other things. There are some exciting things surrounding the Xfm website at the moment, so i've got myself deeply involved in that: can't tell you more yet, but I will when I can. Also got a few programme ideas in tentative pre-production with a media company and am DJing as ever (Jet gig this week, Reading festival today, First Friday next week, International Hi-Fi and the Rapture the week after)
But overall, I just kicked back for a fortnight and let it all sink in. That's where I've been. And you?
Anyway, it's Reading today, so expect photos, gossip and other bullshit early next week. I love you all, iain x

6 comments:

Lauren said...

You're back! Woo. The 'Bollocks to Bacon, Bring Back Baker' campaign is going really well. (By really well I mean I wrote something XFM-related expressing outrage but then returned to worrying about Raisins.)

Kevin Wignall said...

outraged. i'll email you.

Tim said...

Glad to hear you've got some new projects in the works, and I look forward to hearing all about 'em when you're able to spill the beans!

But a definite "BOO!" to Xfm in the meantime.

Take it easy!

Anonymous said...

Deeply unimpressed to discover you weren't in your usual slot at the mighty X. What the heck are they playing at?! If it ain't broke, don't fix it I say. Anyway, keeping my fingers and toes (and legs!) crossed that you're back on the airwaves asap. L.x

Anonymous said...

WTF? Fools! Let's diss 'em roundly on the 20th.

JD.

Anonymous said...

Fuck 'em with their playlist shorter than a knat's knob. I'll e-mail you separately but in the meantime there are 3 under tens in South Manchester who now list Sukpatch and The Chalets amongst their favourite bands because of your influence and that's what really matters. Take your enthusiasm and knowledge to someone that deserves you.