Thursday, October 20, 2005

A grin a MILE wide :)))))

Why?
Let me explain. Years ago, I was (and still am) a huge fan of Gloria Mundi, possibly the first goth band EVER, and also renowned as the band RCA signed instead of Siouxsie and The Banshees. Whilst the first Siouxsie album showed traces of what would become full-blown gothic grandeur in the future, it was still a punk album. The first Gloria Mundi album "I, Individual" was the total goth package, before ANYONE else....
I loved 'em to bits. I've got everything they ever did including *anorak alert* Japanese copies of some of the singles, but I never got round to ripping anything onto mp3. Yesterday, via a random bit of searching on Last.fm, I found someone who had the elusive mp3's, and, who was prepared to send me them. I've whacked them onto itunes this morning and have been listening non-stop. So, karasu, you ROCK.

3 comments:

Kevin Wignall said...

Iain, I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of them. Can you put something by them on our November mix CD?

Iain Baker said...

Of course, that....and a lot more besides.

Kevin Wignall said...

Tease!